Wednesday, June 30, 2010

REPORT: June 30, 2010 - Wednesday - 5pm




OBSERVED: fair - clean

COLLECTED: nothing


Today T. OCEAN and I met a Dad - JUSTIN - and his son - MILES - along the path to the beach preparing to pick up trash. "It's his idea" JUSTIN said, gesturing to his almost-five year old son. So, I asked MILES - what made you want to pick up the trash on the beach? His reply - "Well, I like the ocean; and I want to take care of it." It's kids like MILES who not only give me hope for the future, but amaze me that they 'get it' at the tender young age of four. How awesome!

The water was clear and warm with a light chop. The blue crane came back for his (or her...) evening supper. Down where T. OCEAN and I played, there was plenty of debris for me to still throw away. But this time, it was nice to know I had a like-minded child nearby doing the same thing.

With a looming storm coming out of the west, we had to leave sooner than T. OCEAN was ready. He cried the entire walk up to the showers, gnats swarming, and far-off charcoal clouds teasing but not yet producing any rain or lightning. We kept to our plan to go home, hoping tomorrow will continue to be kind so we may swim again.


Your,
Little Mama Sea Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment