Sunday, July 25, 2010

REPORT: July 24, 2010 - Saturday - 6pm




OBSERVED: my sleeping child

COLLECTED: nothing


An extremely rare moment turns into an hour to relax. I hardly knew what to do with myself since T. OCEAN fell asleep in his stroller on the walk to the beach. So, I parked him on the high sand in the evening shade of the lifeguard tower and went for a swim--by myself. I cannot recall the last time that happened. I could see him clearly from where I was and darted in and out of the waves for a while - the surf had significantly calmed since the storm Bonnie had passed through yesterday. After some time, I rested next to him on a towel while he slept still upright in his stroller completely oblivious to the breeze and sounds of the ocean - a welcome change from the synthesized "ocean sounds" played for him through the night on a "noise machine".

An hour to myself, and finally my mind has taken a welcome break from the constant demands of motherhood AND as Sea Keeper .... I pick up nothing. I notice only the open and welcoming ocean in evening light. Thanks T. OCEAN!

Your,
Little Mama Sea Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment