Wednesday, July 7, 2010

REPORT: July 7, 2010 - Wednesday - 5pm

OBSERVED: fair - clean

COLLECTED: nothing

Another quiet evening. Rain came in, but no lightning. So. T. OCEAN and I kept right on swimming. It adds texture. And it's easy to be unconcerned if you're already wet. A strong south current was utilized to send a coconut down the beach just by throwing it back into the waves. The water was so warm at 85 degrees it made the air seem cool.

We are in day 79 of the Gulf oil disaster, and nothing has changed except that even more shoreline is directly affected. Texas too. And Lake Pontchartrain. And our government has put restrictions on media getting within 65 feet of cleanup operations. Huh?

I wonder if it will rain tomorrow? Keep swimming, I tell myself. Keep going out there, I think. Our daily beach runs are keeping me from imploding from frustration, anger, fear, and sadness. Stay focused on that boy in front of you, Little Mama.


Your,
Little mama Sea Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment